Popular Posts

Monday, April 21, 2008

Exporting OS X 10.5 Leopard Mail to Windows Vista Mail (The Easy Way)

Since we purchased a Toshiba Laptop for my Mother to use, instead of my Father’s Mac Pro (she never has seemed to grasp the OS X concept it seems). I have been battling with moving her mail from Mac back to a PC. Most write ups on the interweb have nothing to do with Vista only XP. So attempting to use these as a guide, I tried my best, only to find that Vista Mail will not import from Eudora. After countless hours and much hair pulling as well, I have an epiphany. Simply setup a Gmail account, enable IMAP, and move the mail to the Gmail servers, then download them to the Vista machine. after 5 minutes setting up the account, 10 minutes making sure I have all the mail moved to the servers , 5 minutes wondering “WTF why isn’t it seeing the server" (set the security options in the advanced tab folks) and-10 minutes pulling all the mail back to Vista Mail. We have it done, Bob’s your Uncle and all is right with the world once again, and you can finally let your hair grow back out where you were constantly pulling it out HI HI.


So sayeth John

No comments: